The Village Newsletter has been sent out. It is copied here for your convenience.
The Drake Village Council and Staff wishes everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR
- REACT – The road to the Transfer Site is not maintained in the winter. A “blue bin” has been set up at the
Village Maintenance Shop again and will be open to the public the 1 st and 3 rd Saturday of each winter month
from 9am to 1pm. The Transfer Site will be open again in the spring with regular hours of operation each
Saturday. In the meantime if you have any appliances to throw away please call the village office for
- For the Christmas and New Year season, regular curbside garbage pickup will occur on Wednesday,
December 26 and Monday, December 31! Please have your garbage out before 7:00 am.
- Christmas trees will be collected in the spring it they are placed in the alley before May 1.
- Streetlight outages – If you notice a streetlight outage within the Village please report it to the Village
- SaskTel has completed construction of the new cell tower but at the time of writing is not operational.
This tower will improve 4G and LTE wireless services in the Village of Drake and area.
- 2018 Property Taxes may be paid up to 12:00pm on December 31, 2018. Please call the Village Office to
make different arrangements if you would like to make a payment. A 10% penalty is automatically applied to
all arrears on January 1, 2019.
- Website – Drake.ca – As of January 2019 the Village of Drake Website will be updated and please view to
see upcoming events, garbage pickup schedules etc. Please call the office if you would like to post something
on the Website. We also like to hear your feedback what we can improve or what you would like to see on
the Drake Website.
- Village Office Holidays Hours:
Monday, Dec. 24 – Closed
Tuesday, Dec. 25 – Closed
Wednesday, Dec 26 – Closed
Thursday, Dec. 27 – 8:30 am – 3:30pm
Monday, Dec. 31 – 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
Tuesday, Jan. 1 – Closed
- Drake Library will be closed from Monday, Dec. 24 to Monday, Dec. 31, 2018.